Schlitterbahn Galveston…The Best Day EVER!

Just so you know, I participated in Schlitterbahn’s Mom’s Ice Chest Challenge to facilitate this post. We planned a picnic and packed a #BahnCooler, and had an awesome day. As always, all opinions and ideas are entirely my own.

Schlitterbahn Galveston, Schlitterbahn, water parks. #BahnCooler
We went to Schlitterbahn Galveston this past weekend and Bubby officially dubbed it the best day EVER! He wasn’t far off the mark. Other than the marriage to my husband, and the birth of my children, it totally ranked up there for me too! Schlitterbahn truly has something for everyone, no matter your age, and this is the perfect family day of fun.

Schlitterbahn Galveston, water parks, family activities, summer adventures

The minute we walked in, I knew we’d have fun! There was so much to see and do. But I was apprehensive. My babies had never done anything like this before. Would they be scared to slide down all of these big slides? Schlitterbahn is the ONLY water park I’ve ever been to in my life that allows the little ones (under 42″ tall, since Bubby is only 41.5″ tall) to ride almost all of the rides as long as a parent accompanies them. How cool is that? My little buddy was a CHAMP. He rode everything he could and asked for more! From slides, to the lazy river, to Treasure Island.

Schlitterbahn Galveston, water parks, #BahnCooler

But let’s talk about this lazy river, shall we? There is absolutely nothing lazy about it! We’ve been to water parks over the years where you just troll around a lazy river and relax. There are places where you can do this here, but if you want to step it up a notch, Schlitterbahn has you covered with The Torrent River, that offers some serious waves y’all, and The White Wave River, which is seriously like white water rafting, in a water park. AWESOME. This is like no lazy river we’ve ever seen before and we spent hours there!

#BahnCooler, Schlitterbahn, Schlitterbahn Galveston

Plus, this water park stands out above the rest. They don’t only allow you to bring your own coolers, they encourage it. Do you know how much money you can save by bringing your own cooler full of food and drink to a water park? A crap ton! That’s how much. We came loaded with sandwich fixins and drinks for everyone. Enough to last us through lunch, and dinner. The park is open from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm, so you’ll want to pack a bunch.

Schlitterbahn Galveston, Galveston, Schlitterbahn, family picnics, water parks

Because nothing beats a family picnic. I dare you to say something does!

Schlitterbahn Galveston, #BahnCooler, water parks

Luckily, there are picnic areas that are clean, and you can safely leave your stuff right there, all day long. They have lockers to store your valuables of course, but no one messes with your coolers while you’re off playing because employees “patrol” the area all day. Just leave your stuff and go, and come back to grab a snack as you need it. Super awesome! There are about 7 picnic areas by my count, but don’t hold me to that.

Schlitterbahn Galveston, Schlitterbahn, water parks

Although the babies rode all of the water slides they could (Bug could ride all of them and she did), one of their favorite places to chill was the Treasure Island Kids’ Pool.

Schlitterbahn Galveston, Schlitterbahn, water parks
This was a place to relax, have a little fun, and just enjoy a little family time during our busy day.

Schlittbahn Galveston, Schlitterbahn, water parks, family adventures
They had a blast and I think I had more fun watching them than they actually did playing. That frog slide was the bomb!

Schlitterbahn Galveston, cabanas, water parks, family getaways
Only one thing could make our next family outing at Schlitterbahn Galveston better. A cabana. They have the most amazing cabanas for rent for the day. Some are 2-story, some just one. But either way, this takes picnicking at the water park to a new level and this is what I want to do next time! Awesome, right?

So, if you live in Galveston, or if you’re ever in the Galveston area, OBVIOUSLY, I recommend that you visit Schlitterbahn for a family day (or entire weekend) of fun. Well worth the cost, and hey…parking is free. Bring your own #BahnCooler, they encourage it. Then you don’t have to worry about food or drink while you’re there. It’ll be waiting for you at your picnic table or cabana. Best.day.EVER! Just ask Bubby.

If you want to find out more about what Schlitterbahn has to offer, be sure to visit their website, and you can like them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter too.

Comments

1. says

Wow – I wish we had this near us. It sounds like such an awesome place. My biggest pet peeve about going to a park is when you feel like they are trying to nickel and dime you and get you everywhere as a parent. Being able to bring your own food is HUGE. Plus it’s nice to know you won’t be arguing with your kids over what they can and can’t have or what a picky child will eat. The height factor is great too! I have a child that falls in the same category and have delayed going to a real water park because I’m worried we won’t be able to do half the stuff. So awesome! Glad your family had an amazing time!

2. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says

I wish we had one near us here in Boston! It looks awesome and my kids would love it.

3. says

Ok, I just love those cabanas. I’m not sure how much they are, but I would totally want to rent one. I love the lazy river too. THat’s where I’d hang out.

4. Donald Purdum says

I wish we would have gone while I lived in Texas. So many stories of fun and excitement for the whole family.

5. says

Wow this park looks really nice and clean. I especially like the fact that younger kids can ride all the attractions, because that’s usually a problem. And I love lazy rivers too, my favorite part of water parks! Thank you for sharing, great post!

6. Paula Parker says

What a fun day you had with your beautiful family. I always played pirate when I was younger. What a treat this would have been!

7. Jennifer Williams says

I agree that has to be the best day ever. What a great water park, with it being so hot out right now we should all go!

8. says

This kind of day is my idea of a perfect day too. I love the water play just as much as any of my kiddos, and all four of ’em are water babies. 🙂

9. says

That is so cool! We went to a really nice family friendly place similar to that in Northern Texas when we visited family, but I’ve never seen a water park like that. I wish we had a place like that in Phoenix.

10. maria says

I plan on setting up something new summer. We lives a little too far for a one day trip but I may try to do a 5 day trip and spend the day there. Looks like so much blast and not too crowded.

11. says

love, love water.. looks so much of fun.. the rides makes me want to try over right now, and of course, who could ignore the happy happy kids.. lovely pictures, so much fun !!

12. Rebecca says

Sounds like an awesome time for the whole family. Glad you had fun. I would love to go there one day. Thanks for sharing.

13. says

Wow, this waterpark is amazing! I love those cabanas and I can’t believe you can bring your own food – that would save us a TON because there’s 8 of us! Oh and the 42 inch rule – my 5 year old is only 40-41 so she usually has to sit out on a few rides so that is really cool that their rule is a little less that the typical 42.

14. Lisa Collins says

That looks like a great place for a Summer adventure! I wish we had a water park closer to us – splash pads yes, but no big water slides.

15. says

Okay the fact that they allow you to bring a cooler in is amazing!!! We have a SplashKingodm here and you can’t bring anything in. I mean nothing,not even a freaking water bottle and they only offer one water fountain. It’s enough to deter me from ever going again. I mean for the four of us to go all day and eat/drink it cost $140. That’s outrageous and in my opinion dangerous. The last time we went (and the first time in ages) we saw 4 girls pass out from heat exhaustion and dehydration while standing in line to get water at their food joints.

But I digress….

I’ve always heard a lot about Schlitterbahn and wow I didn’t realize they had so much. We are going to have to plan a trip for next year. It’ll be worth it!

16. says

OMG this looks like a total blast of a trip! Gotta find a cool place like this for the kids, they all love water, but never been to a water park before.

17. says

WOW! Schlitterbahn lets you bring your own food and beverages?! That’s a huge savings over other amusement parks, I’ve never heard of a park that allows you to do that. Looks like a LOT of fun, too.

18. says

That looks like more fun than you should be allowed to have. Seriously, if I have to send you all my crafts you should at least take me to Schlitterbahn!

19. says

That really does look like the best day ever!! Oh my goodness, we’d be there all day and then we’d be back for more! My little guy is a water bug, no doubt 🙂 Love your cutie pie photos!!

20. says

I enjoyed reading this post! The water park looks amazing. How I wish we have this kind of water park here in our country. My son loves to swim and I’m sure he’ll enjoy there.

21. says

Pretty sure I’d spend the entire summer there! My boys would never leave. We love brining our own food to these kinds of places! Glad you guys had the best day ever!

Trackbacks